Monday, October 15, 2007

Weird Stuff in Internet Land


This has been happening for just over a month, off and on. Lately it just is. I haven't tried to figure it out. Months ago it would have bugged the heck out of me because I couldn't figure out why, but now, "What the hey?"

Somehow, I think its my cookies which are registering me as being in Toronto. Why do I think this ? When I look at the CBC on-line news, my local news defaults to Toronto. When I visit Vijay's site, same thing.

But what was really weird, a couple of months ago, was that I was getting Neowerx hits from North Bay. I couldn't figure it out other than it was happening, a couple of times, when I was picking up someone else's wireless in the building... maybe an I"whatever"P address issue ? But since, North Bay has popped up as a hit without the other wireless connection. So maybe its my favorite GSO reading my blog.

However, a few weeks ago, I had a hit from "Canada" and the dot on Neowerxs was positioned at Churchill, Manitoba. I thought "Okay... way kwel. Someone from the almost frosty North is reading me"

But now I realize that when I am logged on Blogger/Neowerx, its registering me as being in Churchill.

Yes I really want to go there and visit !!! The train ride is suppose to be grand. Paradise it may be to many, including the polar bears, but its not this particular Paradise.

So... I'm still pondering as to what might be happening. Maybe I am living in multiple dimensions ???


No comments: