Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Still Here ...


... I think.

Been a difficult few weeks; actually I think I have been paying the toll of the past 5 years of my life - all the rapid changes (many good, some not so hot), some bad moves, and never time to recover.

And lately work is the screaming s*its - politics I had played too intensely before & had hoped to never revisit, is back staring at me ugly and I haven't figured out how to play this one.

And my health is a teeny bit not great, but its getting a fix, so hopefully my energy levels will be back up soon and my cheeriness with it.

So many pictures and blogs owed (Dimitri, the evil deep fryer, a toy story....). Maybe they will come. I think I also owe comments to comments, but forgive me if I don't get back, just yet.

On the horizon, Fidel and I are back together in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully we'll get 3 months together before he's off to start his internship rotations in the States.

Should be a fun 3 months in that we'll have to raffle off to see who gets the desk in the "study". He'll be studying for his USMLE 1 and I start an on-line graduate certificate in emergency management (emergency preparedness, not medicine).

This weekend is a crunch; besides everything else I want to do, like get gifts wrapped and mailed (I keep forgetting that I'm outta here in 2ish weeks), I have to really brush up on my French grammar (aka REVIEW).

I'm retaking the mandatory FSL test I did for work in April. One of the levels I got then isn't as good as I need and now that I have a chance for a deployment that I would like to take, I need to get it back up. Found out Wednesday that my test is Monday (I had asked for a 2 week notice to give me time to review. Why am I not surprised ?).

Good news - last week I had certain necessary requirements upgraded, so I am back on the eligibility list to go to Afghanistan for 6 months (which I would truly love to do, even tho' thinking of it is very scary). I don't think it is going to happen, but at least I am on the list.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He lady doc.

"some bad moves, and never time to recover"
Gad I'm over the hill. When will I find the time? Still moving,soul not quite caught up.
Should never have gone to "Katmandu.".

Afghanistan! Brave!

Mad Padre said...

Good morning from snowy CFB Borden! Like you I'm taking French SL training when I get back to my base in January, and will be writing exams in April. Bone chance avec ton examen (I hope I got that right!).

Wishing you peace and serenity over the Christmas season.

Mad Padre blessings,

MP+

(PS - love the picture - I've never been to tbe Grand Canyon).

Unknown said...

Thank you MP :) et bonne chance a toi aussi :)

Borden is good... if you are in the right spot; close to the mess AND the Canex.


Wonder if you would contact me off line via the addy on the sidebar... I know a CI in Borden and I'd like to pass on greetings to him.

Unknown said...

Ivan - Yes.. stillness of soul....

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sorry that you're going through a tough time. I hope things are brightening up. Afghanistan is indeed a brave choice.

SnOwY bEaR said...

daddy P said that you would love to receive a tag ... so we bears have done it :-)

MedStudentWife said...

Curses you bears !!!! (and Daddy P)*grrrr*

Hey I make a great bear sound....

*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Scared yet little bears ??

MedStudentWife said...

LGS - still waiting to see who they pull next, off the list; it'll be the last selection from this pool. Then we have to recompete for a slot, again.

SnOwY bEaR said...

I am way way scared that is one scary grrrrrrrrrrrr I am heading for cover .. can't vouch for the other 2 though!! :)