Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gone for a Week


Photo from: My Royal Canadian Navy

I leave tomorrow at almost "Oh-dark-thirty", to head West for a week.

I'm not looking forward to the travel - I'm so sick of flying and the airlines etc. But once there, it should be fun:

  • Spend 3 days with 121 like minded individuals -well sort of. There may be a couple of "bun fights". However, I sure the evenings will be filled with impromptu merriness.

  • Visit with my brother and his wife for a few hours.


  • Visit the Dockyards for a couple of hours and see some kwel Navy stuff.

  • Enjoy the BC Coast weather and vista. The place where I''l be staying ( sleeping, eating, and almost every other event) is right on the water's edge and has a great view. Actually, its in the same neck of the woods as the picture above ( but 60 years later - I can tell you that much hasn't changed since then).

I don't know if I will have access to the internet, but even if I do, my week is going to be pretty full, so this is my last blog for a few days.

Ahhhh... now to eat brekkie and get out to run some errands. Damn, I hate packing. I think I'm taking more "stuff" than I am clothes. I had better not forget to bring some "Aspirin"......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy the trip....and I deny anything you here about me on the waterfront...I especially deny streaking through the Pan Pacific hotel complex.....:)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip! Don't lost though...

Anonymous said...

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
and she's always gone too long
anytime she goes away.