- The main inter-provincial route between Paradise and NotParadise.
- Its a very busy and potentially dangerous road because of road dynamics and the idiots using it (speeding to run reds from a mile start), and lots of HUGAMONGOUS (like logging trucks) traffic.
- Its also the 1st pick up point ( and the lay up point) for buses from "La Belle Provence".
- There is a day care right there.
- There is (are) shelter(s)/food kitchen(S) for the "down & out" located close blocks by this intersection.(PS: We dont have the "typical down and out" here, any more. Seems Paradise has become a large collectors (Im thinking KTown,BVille, etc. for down & outters who have become crack & other drug addicted users. Bumming for money here no longer means cash for food & lodging).
- Silly servants.
I know most of the faces of the "community". I don't know what to call them because I don't know each and every story and I don' t want to lump them into a generality. But because I am on foot mostly in my 'hood, I see who is here, who is gone and who is new... the "down and outers" ( ewww).
Yesterday, a new face on the scene.
He was at the bus stop, sitting, looking like anyone taking the set of buses at that time of day. Then he stated talking.. aggressive... hard to explain, but I've seen same (even been spat at) for 25 years. There was a tone in his voice that said "beware". But knowing a lot about a lot I gave him the benefit of the doubt (as much as I could safely). I guess I thought he was transient, an anomaly of the usual, and that was the end. It passed OK yesterday (as I know).
Today as I was waiting for the light to change , to get to my bus stop, I saw him get into a bus. I actually thought "phew"... guess I had put a solid 2+2 together about this fellow.
He got off. I won't go into what transpired next. Lets just say no one got hurt. But there was so much potential.... ( head banging into post, walking into major King Edward traffic, throwing glass bottles, serious air boxing and so on)
Which comes to me - this is my way of "talking down".
I know what I did was right. I called 911 and it was at least a good 10 minutes after I was really concerned. I almost became like everyone else, including the layed-up bus drivers..."maybe if we ignore, it will go away".. I really though hard about this and really wished it away... I DID NOT WANT TO DO THIS TO THIS PERSON !!
I'm still concerned.... What is going to happen to him ? And everything that went through my head - I'm not happy with most of it and I'll haveto deal with it.
Thank goodness for my sweetie- Fidel.. I got to "talk down" with him. :), tonight
I don't thinkI have felt this way sinse threatened with death, four years ago, at work. It feels very similiar in many ways. I can't put it all into words...
I'm rambling a bit - sorry all... this blog is not well written & I dont care to fix mistakes tonight.. another time .....