Saturday, June 30, 2007

Father Ted

I saw my first episode of Father Ted, about the time it started on TV - 1995ish. Although I only saw a few episodes before they took it off the air here in Canukistan, I became totally enamoured with the inhabitants of Craggy Island, and even with their evil twins on Rugged Island.

For the past twelve years, I've hunted high and low to find videos and later DVD's of the shows. Nada. A few months ago I found and saved bookmarks to partial episodes on YouTube, only to have YouTube pull their files because of copy write infringement.

Last week Amazon finally ended my hunt and yesterday I received the DVDs for ALL the series of Father Ted that were ever filmed. I understand they were going to do a fourth, but Dermot Morgan (Father Ted) died suddenly


Ahhhh...nearly 11 hours of pure bliss and laughter. But like a box of chocolates, I am only going to watch one episode at a time. I'm going to try and stretch out the luxury of that which is Ted, and not wolf it all down at once, where the pleasure is lost through gluttony.

As Father Jack would say "Feckarse !!"

Father Ted useless information....


Opening music

No comments: