Sunday, April 15, 2007

From the mouths of babes


The other day, one of my co-workers came into my cube. We have worked together quite a bit . We seem to have quite a bit in common, despite the almost 20 year age difference.

Anyways, I didn't even see this one coming.

I have a couple of pictures in my cube. One is a large picture of Fidel, taken a yearish ago. In it, he has facial hair. I have it stuck on a cabinet. Almost beneath it, I have in a frame, one of our wedding pictures (from 2 years ago). Fidel has no facial hair. My hair is much shorter than it is now and I am wearing a retro style silk suit. The picture is sepia tinted.

This person came into the cube to try a special mouse I am using and I guess saw the wedding picture for the first time.

"Is that your Mom?"

You could have heard my jaw drop.

"Why would I have a picture of my husband and mother, on my desk ?"

"That's your husband ? I thought it was your Dad."

Boy, do I feel old, or is it young, or... I don't know... I am sooooo confused. Am I me or my mother ?

No comments: